Corporation & Services
panta engineers is an independent professional engineering office headquartered in Hamburg, Germany. We specialize in the areas of design, review and monitoring, combining a wide range of engineering services for the building and construction industry.
Heraclitus quoted in ancient Greece: “Panta Rhei”, which means: “Everything Flows”, indicating a fast-moving world. Acknowledging this truth, we strive to let the essential project parameters guide our design decisions, which provides the perfect benchmark for every task we are working on. The foundation of panta engineers is the long experience of our entire team, having successfully completed a large variety of significant national and international projects, as well as possessing multidisciplinary competence in construction materials and technologies.
We provide services throughout many project phases, including engineering assistance during conceptual design, architectural competitions and tendering procedures. We consult during design development, and provide complete construction and permitting documents, as well as oversee the construction phase of the project and complete engineering inspections. In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of code checking and peer review, forensic engineering and technical expert witness services. Our managing consulting engineers hold qualifications as internationally acknowledged welding engineer, state certified review engineer for building construction and state certified review engineer for railway construction in all technical areas. We are registered as state certified engineer for the Federal Water and Navigation Administration of Germany and the Lower Saxony Ministry for Road Construction and Transport. Furthermore, we offer a wide range of technical monitoring services throughout the project’s lifespan.
Fields of Competence
Project Planning of Civil Engineering Structures
Construction Review Services
Forensic Engineering and Technical Expert Witness Services
Continuous Inspections and Examinations
e.g. according to “DIN 1076”, “Ril. 804” or “VDI-regulation 6200”
Main Areas of Technical Qualification
- Structural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Construction
- Inner-city Building Pits
- Harbor Construction
- Tunnel Construction
- Restoration and Conversion Planning
- Freeform Structures
- Fiber Composite Structures (e.g. GFRP, CFRP)
- Membranes and Ropes
- Structural Dynamics and Seismic Design
- Structural Monitoring
- Nonlinear Material Behavior
- Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics of Steel Structures
- Soil-Structure Interaction
panta engineers is the synergy of each team members effectiveness, experience, qualification, and specialized technical competence. We provide interdisciplinary ingenuity by combining extensive knowledge in material science and building systems. Owners and architects appreciate and profit from our ability to provide comprehensive project consulting.
Founder and Managing Partners
Dr.-Ing. IWE Christian Böttcher
- 1996 Graduation as structural/civil engineer, Brunswick Technical University, Germany (Duddeck Foundation Award 1997)
- 2002 Doctorate at the Institute for Steel Structures, Brunswick Technical University, Germany (Heinrich-Büssing Award 2003)
- 2004 International Welding Engineer IWE, EWE
- Since 2004 Consulting Engineer
- Since 2011 State Certified Review Engineer for Constructions (steel structures and concrete structures)
- Since 2013 Listed as State Certified Review Engineer at the German Federal Waterways and Shipping Office
- Since 2014 State Certified Review Engineer for Railway Constructions for all fields (steel structures, concrete structures, composite structures, welding)
- Since 2015 Listed as State Certified Review Engineer at the Lower Saxony Authority for Roads and Bridges
Dr.-Ing. Matthias Frenz
- 2000 Graduation as structural/civil engineer, Brunswick Technical University, Germany
- 2009 Doctorate at the Institute for Steel Structures, Brunswick Technical University, Germany
- Since 2012 Consulting Engineer
- Since 2016 State Certified Review Engineer for Constructions (concrete structures)
Our engineering office is headquartered in the "Kontorhaus Quarter” in Hamburg, Germany, a UNESCO world heritage site. This rich architectural heritage offers inspiration and a unique working environment, while centrally located.
The extraordinary architectural meaning of the “Kontorhaus Quarter” is reflected in the approval of Hamburg´s application by the UNCESCO world heritage committee for the “Speicherstadt and Kontorhaus District with Chilehaus” in 2015.