Engineering Office in Hamburg / Bremen / Berlin / Neumarkt
panta engineers is an independent professional engineering office headquartered in Hamburg, Germany with offices in Bremen, Berlin and Neumarkt i.d. Oberpfalz. We specialize in the areas of design, review and monitoring, combining a wide range of engineering services for the building and construction industry.
Heraclitus quoted in ancient Greece: “Panta Rhei”, which means: “Everything Flows”, indicating a fast-moving world. Acknowledging this truth, we strive to let the essential project parameters guide our design decisions, which provides the perfect benchmark for every task we are working on. The foundation of panta engineers is the long experience of our entire team, having successfully completed a large variety of significant national and international projects, as well as possessing multidisciplinary competence in construction materials and technologies.
Fields of Competence
- Structural Design
- Project Planning of Civil Engineering Structures
- Construction Review Services
- Forensic Engineering and Technical Expert Witness Services
- Continuous Inspections and Examinations e.g. according to “DIN 1076”, “Ril. 804” or “VDI-regulation 6200”
We provide services throughout many project phases, including engineering assistance during conceptual design, architectural competitions and tendering procedures. We consult during design development, and provide complete construction and permitting documents, as well as oversee the construction phase of the project and complete engineering inspections. In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of code checking and peer review, forensic engineering and technical expert witness services.
Our managing consulting engineers hold qualifications as internationally acknowledged welding engineer, state certified review engineer for building construction, state certified review engineer for railway construction in all technical areas as well as State Certified Expert for Railway Constructions for geotechnical engineering, specialist field tunnel construction. We are registered as state certified engineer for the Federal Water and Navigation Administration of Germany and the Lower Saxony Ministry for Road Construction and Transport. Furthermore, we offer a wide range of technical monitoring services throughout the project’s lifespan.
Our effective, experienced and exceptionally qualified team, is comprised of approximately 50 experts who perfectly complement each other with their specialized technical excellence. Our cosmopolitan team is united by the joy of working on everyday and unusual tasks in the construction industry. We see ourselves as interdisciplinary generalists, combining our extensive knowledge of material science and building systems. Building owners and architects benefit from our comprehensive project consulting.
Founder and Managing Partners
Dr.-Ing. IWE Christian Böttcher
- Graduation as structural/civil engineer in 1996, Brunswick Technical University, Germany (Duddeck Foundation Award 1997)
- Doctorate at the Institute for Steel Structures in 2002, Brunswick Technical University, Germany (Heinrich-Büssing Award 2003)
- Consulting Engineer
- International Welding Engineer (SFI, IWE, EWE)
- State Certified Review Engineer for Constructions (steel structures and concrete structures)
- State Certified Reviewing Expert in the Federal Railway Sector for Geotechnical Constructions (earthwork and foundation engineering as well as tunnels)
- State Certified Review Engineer at the German Federal Waterways and Shipping Office
- State Certified Review Engineer at the Lower Saxony Authority for Roads and Bridges
- State Certified Reviewing Expert in the Federal Railway Sector for Engineering Constructions (steel, concrete, composite and welded structures)
Dr.-Ing. Matthias Frenz
- Graduation as structural/civil engineer in 2000, Brunswick Technical University, Germany
- Doctorate at the Institute for Steel Structures in 2009, Brunswick Technical University, Germany
- Consulting Engineer
- VFIB-certified Building Inspector
- Listed as State Certified Review Engineer at the German Federal Waterways and Shipping Office
- Listed as State Certified Review Engineer at the Lower Saxony Authority for Roads and Bridges
We are experts with multidisciplinary competence in construction materials and technologies, applying state-of-the-art engineering methods and developing innovative solutions to meet the technical challenges of our time.
Based on our common mission statement, we find the optimal solution for every customer requirement – economically, sustainably and innovatively.
These values guide us in our daily work and characterise our distinctive panta:id.
panta engineers has a presence at four locations across Germany.
Our headquarters are located in the “Kontorhaus Quarter” in Hamburg, Germany, a UNESCO world heritage site. This rich architectural heritage offers inspiration and a unique working environment, while centrally located.
The extraordinary architectural significance of the “Kontorhaus Quarter” is reflected in the approval of Hamburg´s application by the UNCESCO world heritage committee for the “Speicherstadt and Kontorhaus District with Chilehaus” in 2015.